Sunday, April 22, 2012

a new take on groom cake... mini cheeseburgers

I have been asked so many times how to make these fun little treats.  As a wedding designer I want the couples personality to come through and shine.  Just because you want to do a groom's cake doesn't necessarily mean you have to have an actual cake. 


My husband loves cheeseburgers and motorcycles.  So, I put on my thinking cap and remembered when I lived in San Diego and went to a Jimmy Buffett concert. While tailgating I was served these fun little cheeseburgers in paradise. They are pretty self-explanatory, but I have included the recipe below.


These were a huge hit and can be used so many different ways, even on cupcakes! I also want to point out this is a fun little project for the kiddos as well!

Cheeseburgers in Paradise Cookies:

What you'll need:

Vanilla Wafers
Grasshopper Cookies
Yellow & Red Frosting
Shredded Coconut
Green Food Color 
Sesame Seeds
Honey

What you'll do:

Place shredded coconut in bowl and squeeze 3-4 drops of green food color (more or less depending on how 'green' you want your 'lettuce').  Take vanilla wafer and put a small amount of frosting on flat side.  Place grasshopper cookie on top of wafer and top with red & yellow frosting and shredded coconut.  Place vanilla wafer on top of stack and brush with honey, sprinkle with sesame seeds.... repeat repeat repeat.  You can even have double cheeseburgers if you prefer!

much love,

lish

No comments:

Post a Comment