Friday, June 4, 2010

Beginning the Process of Planning




To be fair, I did have two weddings. A pre-wedding (which was the 'official' day) and a reception wedding. When you are actually in a wedding you begin to realize very quickly what a bride wants to deal with and what a bride does not want to deal with during the day. I knew I had an overall vision...classic looking without the 'yawn' same old details. I wanted to shake things up a bit. We wanted a quiet and intimate place to exchange our vows and a big party to really celebrate with our friends and family. I got all that and then some. These are photos from the day we exchanged our vows. It was on a beautiful cliff overlooking my hometown of Sedona, Arizona. It was very quiet and subdued, you do not need so many details when you are surrounded by such beauty. The cake toppers (Mr. & Mrs. Bird) was my take on the non-traditional. Doing things a little different makes for such beautiful photos. It also helps to have amazing photographers.

When the day was over, I had some time to put together the details for our reception at Three Points Ranch. When you start planning it may seem overwhelming. So many things have to tie together; the invitations, colors, flowers, programs, menu, tablecloths, napkins, etc. Take a step back and breath, in the end it will all come together. I promise. When all is said and done, you will smile to yourself and realize it was all worth it and it was all beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment